Thursday, May 10, 2012

Absolutely Eric by Erica Pike

Absolutely Eric (Boston Boys #2) by Erica Pike
MLR Press
Novel: 261pgs
Rating:4/5

Blurb:
Eric Wesley is short and snazzy, hot and happy. Or that’s what he thought. After three years of living on the wild side he’s tired of being a playboy and wants to find love.

Eric, however, has never been in love before and doesn’t see that the guy who’s been gazing at him all summer might be Mr. Right. Boring-suit-guy Alexander Centauri isn’t only style-less and clumsy, but also terribly awkward. After a miserable date, Eric plants Alex on another guy’s lap and goes after Mr. Wrong…who looks so right.

When Eric realizes his mistake, it might be too late.


Review:
Could the real Eric please stand up? Because I am having a having a hard time connecting the most awesome character, I met in A Life Without You and the Eric that was in this book. Started off very Eric but then along the way I lost him, and if it wasn’t for the fact that I love these characters and they make me laugh I fear my rating would have been a lot lower.

Eric Wesley is the life of the party, he’s hot and he knows it. He doesn’t do boyfriends, he’s got plenty of sex friends to keep him entertained and life couldn’t be more awesome. Until a night of sexual fun with two of his closest friends leads Eric to the realization that maybe he’s ready for love. He definitely doesn’t want that love from Alex Centauri; the man would totally be his type if he wasn’t completely boring. He does feel sorry for him though, and goes on a pity date with Alex but he doesn’t plan to stay with him the whole night. When Eric gets a chance to leave Alex behind, he takes it and heads home with the sexy Latino. One of the first of Eric’s bad choices.

What then transpires throughout the book, I’m definitely not on board for most of them. I did enjoy Eric’s realization of Alex I found that to be the most honest part of him, after clone Eric came in. I am just in all types of =__= ‘where did the hell did Eric go?’. I am one for surprises in books cus predictability annoys me but these surprises went to Madagascar and stayed in Timbuktu. It all begins with Eric’s new boyfriend, the rush into relationship boyfriend that proves that Eric has no clue what a relationship is. There are some hard reading situations, but it fails to overshadow the stupid decisions made by Eric. I just cannot accept that was my Eric, I believed he loved himself too much to let all of the bad stuff happen but I must have been mistaken. On the other hand, maybe there’s a hidden meaning behind the transformation of his character that I am just not getting.

I really liked Alex, though I found him slight most of the time but he’s just so pure I really enjoyed him. I am surprised Eric got mixed signal cause I felt like Alex was wearing a neon sign when it came to his feelings. Alex and Eric together are super sweet and that’s really one of the saving factors for me and why I enjoyed reading.

Jesse and Adam do have some presence in the book, and offered up one of the best scenes. My heart almost gave out, oh god yes they are still so hot. Really enjoyed reading about all the boys again and I would give something to play a little ‘bottle extreme’ with them. Maybe not extreme, I will go with medium. Loved the friendships, and the fact that these guys stick together no matter what ‘it’s a beautiful thing’. Overall, with all my complaints I still really enjoyed it, though I fear it won’t go over well with some fans. I do enjoy that the author writes out of the ordinary, and Ms Pike still remains a must read author for me.

SideNote- I would talk about Eric's Latino boyfriend, but he doesn't deserve my typing time or my feelings.

4 Pants Off


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "A Life Without You" so much that I was annoyed that the writer opens the story with describing a threesome between Eric, Adam, and Jesse.

    Seems kinda counterproductive (and wrong) to spend an entire book writing about a really good love story between Jesse and Adam just so they could waste away in a ménage à trois. I don't get it; if you love someone and went through all of the trouble fighting for him, then why wasted it on a causal sex? I was so angry I stopped reading...

    Maybe they never got to the threesome, but I didn't want to risk reading about the threesome and have the beautiful story in "A Life Without You" be tainted.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and talk to me!