Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Review: The Hot Floor by Josephine Myles

The Hot Floor by Josephine Myles
Samhain Publishing
Novel: 62,000wrds
4.5 Pants Off

Blurb:
Two plus one equals scorching hot fun.

Dumped by his boyfriend and reduced to living in a grotty bedsit, Josh Carpenter has gotten used to expecting the worst. Now he lives only for his job as a glassblower…and occasional glimpses of his sexy downstairs neighbors, Rai Nakamura and Evan Truman.

Every time he overhears the diminutive academic and the hunky plumber having loud and obviously kinky sex, Josh is overwhelmed with lust…and a longing for a fraction of what they have.

To his amazement, Rai and Evan find his embarrassing tendency to blush utterly charming, and the three men grow closer over the course of the long, hot summer. Despite Rai’s charming flirtation and Evan’s smoldering gaze, Josh is determined never to break his new friends’ loving bonds.

On the night a naked Josh falls—quite literally—into the middle of one of Rai and Evan’s marathon sex sessions, the force of their mutual attraction takes control. But just as Josh dares to hope, he senses a change. Leaving him to wonder if the winds of love are about to blow his way at last…or if history is about to repeat itself.

Warning: Contains one well-endowed stud with a sexy accent, one improbably toppy bottom boy with an unfortunate owl obsession, and one blushing naïf who can’t believe his luck. Also, the occasional indulgence in mathematical spanking and some shameless armpit sex.


Review:
There’s nothing that gets me more excited than a ménage, and when you throw a Japanese character into it O_O well… I just about lose my mind. The Hot Floor felt like it was written for me cus it embodies all the things I love to read. I am pretty much easy to please, but I do know what I want to read about in order to make a trias relationship work. I think the author did a really good and I can believe in their HEA.

Whenever Josh hangs out with his quirky friend in her apartment, he always gets an earful from the floor above. Denise's very sexy neighbours Rai Nakumura (cus I gotta put in his whole name) and Evan kinky love fest is enough to give Josh a heart attack, but somehow he finds himself lusting after the men. He thinks about what it would be like to get all down and dirty with them, but Josh knows all it will ever come to be is fantasy. First, he's too shy and blushes at the mere mention of sex, and his last boyfriend who dumped him told him he sucked in bed. So he really does not have the confidence to strike up a conversation with them.  When Evan and Rai approach him, Josh is shell-shocked. It comes as a surprise when a friendship begins to develop between the men, friendship with an underlying of “I wanna rip our freaking clothes off”.

When Josh literally comes crashing into Rai and Evan's life he fins himself wrapped up in between two men experiencing the most amazing sex of his life. With sex comes doubt and Josh fears driving a wedge between the men, and losing the two men who comes to be his closest friends. Seems it won't be a onetime deal, but Josh still fears the unexpected. What if the flame goes out and suddenly he's being kicked to curb, and Rai/Evan move on to their very established relationship.

The author did some wonderful things making the sex apart of the foundation of their relationship. The friendship part of the story provided a building block to long lasting but it's with all the loving that I think Josh was able to get it. Nothing was ever perfect from the get go, and all the troubles that they encountered really provided a realistic feel and made their relationship all the more believable.

Josh is like the ying to their yang, he's like the personality trait that Ran and Evan are missing. Rai the flamboyant sexphine, Evan the big manly cuddle bear, and Josh shy and undemanding. He is the balance they never even knew they needed. So when it comes to what’s going on in the bedroom, shit is explosive. My pants have disappeared and I am waiting for them to return cus I must do a bit of grocery shopping.

I only had one thing that bothered me, and that’s when Josh was preparing a gift for Evan and Rai. As a glassblower, Josh gets to make beautiful things so I was excited to read about him presenting his gifts to the boys. I didn't get it, and I felt like it would have been a beautiful scene so I was all let down. Though one of the gifts eventually gets buried balls deep in him >.<

Yes, I liked the crap out of it, and loved how their relationship was presented. The ending felt a bit rushed to me (but that could be cus I wanted more). I am down for a Jo Myles ménage any day, she can keep writing about Asian characters I am always down for that. Loved It!!


4.5 Pants Off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!