Monday, July 9, 2012

Review: Acrobat by Mary Calmes

Acrobat by Mary Calmes
Dreamspinner Press
Novel: 248pgs
4.5 Pants Off

Blurb:
Forty-five-year-old English professor Nathan Qells is very good at making people feel important. What he’s not very good at is sticking around afterward. He’s a nice guy; he just doesn’t feel things the way other people do. So even after all the time he’s spent taking care of Michael, the kid across the hall, he doesn’t realize that Michael’s mob muscle uncle and guardian, Andreo Fiore, has slowly been falling in love with him.

Dreo has bigger problems than getting Nate to see him as a potential partner. He’s raising his nephew, trying to leave his unsavory job, and starting his own business, a process made infinitely more difficult when a series of hits takes out some key underworld players. Still, Dreo is determined to build a life he can be proud of—a life with Nate as a cornerstone. A life that is starting to look like exactly what Nate has been looking for. Unfortunately for Dreo—and for Nate—the last hits were just part of a major reorganization, and Dreo’s obvious love for Nate has made him a target too.



Review:
Oh Em Gee! I can’t believe this was my very first time reading Mary Calmes; I assure you it will not be my last. I went into reading Acrobat because the hype for this book was strong, and I wanted in on the action. Oh yeh, I got my action and I got it good.

Nathan Quells is a professor and awesome man. He is a father, was once a husband, and is a best-friend. He is kind always and people just love the hell out of him. His love life is lacking after separating with his closeted detective lover.

He spends his time helping with the care of Michael his 16 year old neighbour. Michael lost his mom at 12 and was given to the care of his very young uncle Dreo. Michael is very much apart of his life like his own son, and that includes his sexy and mysterious uncle.

Dreo is muscle to a mob boss, and it’s not a job he is exactly proud of but he wants to provide the best life for his nephew. He works very hard to keep his work from his family and Nate is apart of his family. Even if the man doesn’t know it yet, Dreo is setting things in motion that will make him permanent in his and Michael’s life.

Seriously, dudes I freaking loved reading this story. Though Nate was sometimes a little toooo good I am sucker for a great father. Hands down Dreo is the reason causing a worldwide sensation in my pants, sensations… I am all about the pants losing, and Dreo just breathing causes pants to melt off ones body and disintegrate “poof they’re gone”.

There is some mob angst to keep things moving and not make the book one big feel good go happy kind of story. The supporting characters really make this book shine, and they made me smile like crazy. I just really loved everything about it, and can’t really find much to complain about.

I loved it cus it made me feel all good and tingly with feelings, I love Dreo because I wanna make the babies and bow down at his alter of sexiness *so alpha-male*. I love the possessive, uses less than three words to express his feelings type of guy. I also enjoyed the age difference it’s one of those things that causes pants losing for me. Yep, Dreo is the shit! That Is All

4.5 Pants Off

3 comments:

  1. I've only read "Change of Heart" by Mary Calmes and it was a little convoluted and one of those "you are fated to be mine" love affairs but it was sexy and sweet and I'll definitely be checking out Acrobat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked her A Matter of Time series, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe this was your first time reading it either...if you like Acrobat you'll like "Mine" as well, it's got the mob mentality behind it too...and I have to agree with Lisa I loved A Matter of Time (Vol 1&2), I read them often (Bulletproof is part of A Matter of Time too and you have to read it as well)...Frog is a sweet story too...really I haven't read one of hers that I don't love...not a lot of angst which I don't always need because I hate to feel like my heart has been ripped out EVERYTIME I read a book...it's a nice reprieve from angst (although AMoT is a little angsty...kind of)...I always love her HEA

    That is all...for now

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and talk to me!