Thursday, October 11, 2012

Review: Gold Digger by Aleksandr Voinov

Gold Digger (Special Forces Spinoff) by Aleksandr Voinov
Riptide Publishing
Novella: 148pgs
4 Pants Off

Blurb:
Not all that glitters is gold.

Nikolai Krasnorada leads the life of a corporate nomad. Working for a gold explorations company, he’s never put down roots, and he likes it that way. Roots can be dangerous, as everyone from his “man-hating” sister to his manipulative mother to his war-traumatized father has proven.

But when his CEO sends him to Toronto to strike a deal with LeBeau Mining, Nikolai meets Henri LeBeau, crown prince to the resources conglomerate and inveterate flirt. Sparks fly immediately, despite the business deal that threatens to go sour and Nikolai’s own reluctance to give Henri false hope about him being Mr. Right. He’s barely come to terms with his bisexuality, and getting involved with Henri would get messy.

When LeBeau Mining launches a hostile takeover bid, Nikolai and Henri find themselves on opposite sides of the negotiating table. But fortunately—or perhaps unfortunately—for Nikolai, Henri’s not nearly as interested in his company as he is in his heart.


Review:

A surprisingly sweet story by Mr Voinov, so freaking sweet and balls to the wall. This is spin-off from the Special Forces world, and I admit honestly I have yet to read them. From what I have read it some hardcore shit so, I must amp myself up to read them (one day).

Nikolai Krasnorada is a gold digger (nope not the money grubber) an actual gold digger. Digging into the land and locating the very valuable metal. He arrives in Toronto on business and that is where he meets Henri Lebeau. Next thing Nikolai is sleeping with the enemy, and he would like to continue sleeping with him. But Nikolai is a wanderer, he moves around too much to ever have a long lasting relationship so he knows this thing with Henri is a hit and run kind of thing, or is it.

I like Nikolai, though somewhat passive when it comes to his crazy family. I wanted him to have the same fire he has when it comes to work, but it in the end he quietly deals with his family. Henri, I really enjoyed and wanted so much more of him. He was presented just as this sexual creature and I just wanted a bit more from him. He was fun and I would have really liked to get to know him better. Together, they are hot as hell and burn shit up.

It’s a really cute read (did I just write that)  and shows the diversity that can be found in the author's writing. I enjoyed the "I want you, I choose you" as the overall feel of the book. It just fits and everything that happened just felt right. A really nice and romantic offering from the author.

4 Pants Off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!