Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Review: Remember When by Harper Logan

Remember When by Harper Logan
Amazon
Novel: 216pgs

3 Pants Off

Blurb: Could forgetting everything bring them together? When Cuke awakes in the hospital, a piece of him is gone. Three years have disappeared from his mind, and he’s doesn’t even recognize his life - or the people in it. And then there's this super hot guy who appears to be his boyfriend...

Bouj will never be able to erase the memory of Cuke's skull cracking against the pavement during a typical game of basketball. He'd do anything to help his roommate piece his life back together, but he runs into an awkward situation when Cuke seems to think Bouj is his boyfriend. He knows he should correct his friend's mistake... and yet, something stops him.

Will Bouj realize that his feelings for Cuke run deeper than heterosexual affection? And even if they find love in each other's arms, will Cuke ever remember how they got to this point? 


Review
Trying to Forget

I’m having a hard time with how I feel about this one. On one hand I really liked it and got through it quite quickly, and on the other hand; what in all the crack in the world. This was totally crazy, weird, and a touch juvenile. While the premise sounds like it could make for an interesting read, the delivery kind of fell short.  

Cuke just took a basketball to the head and now he’s in the hospital with no recollection of the past three years. Seems like the ball has left more than a little bump on the head, seemed it also shaked his brain up. In a hospital room with no one he recognizes, and the good looking guy holding his hand seems to be very familiar with him so there can only be one explanation. That guy is his boyfriend (because logic).  

What ensues is ridiculous game of charades between Cuke and Bouj. Cuke can’t explain the person his “boyfriend” is trying to tell him he’s been for the past 3yrs, nothing about anything makes any sense about the person he’s become and the one he remembers. He can’t quite figure out why his relationship with Bouj is so awkward and he’s wanting to got to the sexy bits already. Seems he’s got his head in the clouds and the boyfriend might actually just be a best-friend.  

Alright, so as I said the book had potential but it really turned out to be ok and lack lustre. The dialogue is juvenile, it lost most of it charm and became all cliché and I was not impressed. Surprisingly I was never bored reading it, and was surprised by how quickly I got through the story. I’ll give it that, I could not look away. 

Cuke and Bouj together didn’t quite work for me and then the insta-love element really threw me from their characters. I felt as if they were playing dress up with their lives and I couldn’t buy it. Their relationship started off as a lie, and just remained a lie to me. I wasn’t invested! 

Overall, I kinda liked it. The plot was over the top, it wasn’t executed quite well, and that cover has nothing to with anything. Remember When didn’t quite deliver but in all honesty I didn’t hate it. I’m willing to see what else the author has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!