Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Price of Temptation

The Price of Temptation by M.J. Pearson
Seventh Window Publications
Novel
5 out of 5
4/5 PL Scale

Blurb:
Stephen Clair, the notorious Earl of St. Joseph, has a lover he can't afford, a social calendar that's out of control and a libido that rules his life. If he can't get control of all of them, he will fall into financial ruin. Could the youthful, handsome and dependable Jamie Riley be the solution to his problems?

Jamie Riley has a secret that keeps him from accepting the sexual advances of his employer, Stephen Clair, and a past he would like to leave behind. But Stephen is a man who knows how to awaken a passion that Jamie has been trying to suppress, and carries a price that Jamie would rather not pay. But it isn't easy to ignore passion, especially when it's so temptingly close.

Julian Jeffries, lover to Stephen Clair, has found a way of living the high life without lifting a finger. It isn't until Julian notices that Stephen has been spending time with his latest employee, Jamie Riley, that he begins to worry about losing everything he'd schemed to have. Now Julian needs to find a way of getting rid of Jamie without raising suspicion. And, as Julian knows, the best way to do that is to dig into Jamie's past and find something to use against him.


Review:
"Hmmm... JUST CHECK OUT THAT COVER"

THE COVER- I know what you all are thinking, “what the hell is in his pants”? Well truthfully, I have no idea, but I really do love the cover. I love his stance and the other guy kneeling at his feet. I find it to be very sexy, and makes me wanna say, such cheesy lines like “Is that a flashlight in your pants or are you just happy to see me”, or “Is this a stick up and are you here to take my clothes”. The possibilities are endless and his breeches are nice and snug, another squeeze my balls a let go my ankle kinda pants.

What I really loved about this book is that it reads like a true historical romance. It was sweet, sexy, and had a certain innocence, which increased the sexiness like by 36%. It offers the handsome and sexy rake, the innocent but tough virgin, and the vile villain. I love historical m/f romance and it no surprise that I loved this one.

Stephen is gay and has always been gay, he does not hide who he is and also has an expensive kept man, in other words a mistress man. He is struggling to make ends meet, but you gotta keep up appearances for the infamous “ton”. His household is barely getting by but he has a few loyal servants who won’t leave his side. Until Jamie arrives looking for a job and then all hell breaks loose.

Jamie has arrived from the country to the city, promised a job by an earl he thinks he has it made. Until he meets Stephen the man he is to serve, and the on who tempts him so much. Jamie’s job is to get Stephen out of the financial dumps and help him bring money in. Jamie can’t help falling in love, and will succumbing to Stephen mean that he will become a kept man?

Let me tell you about this book, it pissed me off. Stephen is such a man; he sees his mistakes but he just does not pay attention to them. He wants Jamie but still keeps his whore of a man, and he is one whore of a man. He is a bad little gay slut. Though there are faults with Stephen character, he is likable and very caring to Jamie. I enjoyed Jamie; he was tough, yet gentle, innocent but not stupid. He wanted more than sex and was willing to leave the man he loved, because he would not just settle.

Real Talk- I read a lot of m/m books, and there is always something about size and precum. Like the slippery trail of precum, and the leaking tip and precum everywhere. On someone’s chest, a puddle on the floor, in someone’s eye etc…… This book has none of that, and if it did; it would have entirely changed the tone of the story. Did I miss the precum? Mmmm not really, it was a welcomed break.

I was really happy with this book, I loved the fact that everyone knew of Stephens preference for men, and label it folly of the youth, but god forbid he falls in love, then he is depraved and disgusting. What can I say people are ridiculi. I give it 5 stars for the authenticity of the historical genre, and his nice package in those breeches. I wonder how the ride on a horse would be? Something to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!