Thursday, July 12, 2012

Review: The Faery Tree by Cherie Noel

The Faery Tree by Cherie Noel
The Rooster and The Pig Publishing
Short Story: 77pgs
3.5 Pants Off

Blurb:
Seelie Fae Prince Ee-an, brought up in as a royal foster son in the Unseelie court, seeks love guidance from a seer—and learns of a shocking circumstance.

Thomas Hume, fleeing an ugly breakup, moves across the country and into an old brick building with an otherworldly tree in its backyard. Branches move when no wind blows. Tiny lights glow from it in the night. Only the reasonable rent and an ironclad lease keep him there.

Finding a portal between the two worlds open, Ee-an travels to the human realm to find his foretold mate. Fae laws forbid Ee-an to stay in the human realm.

Thomas’s adopted daughter and younger brother are unable to cross the veil into Faery. Can Ee-an and Thomas find a way to honor their obligations without losing hope for a happily-ever-after future?



Review:
Thomas has just called it quits with his lover of many years, and now he finds himself beginning life anew with a daughter and younger brother. Packing up and moving across town isn’t easy, but a man’s gotta do what mans gotta do. So now, Thomas has a new apartment, a very sexy neighbour, and a very big tree with a mind of its own.

Seelie Prince Ea-an has come to the mortal world to claim his very sexy mate. Only problem is Thomas has responsibilities and Ea-an will not hurt him by taking him away from his family, because once they cross the portal into the faery world they can never return. So having his mate near is wonderful and beautiful, but to share with Thomas what he is and what he came for could cost him his mate forever.

This was one fun little read, which made me smile and caused some pants losing. I did have a few problems with it, nothing major just some small little quibbles. I found the story to be bigger than the actual length of the book, where there is so much going and only a few pages left to finish it. Then it all feels too rushed and you’re disappointed. That is how I felt at the end of the story, and I am hoping there is a sequel. Another little quibble is, I was thrown out of the story a few times and had to go back and re-read pages (could be cus I’m slow sometimes). As I said, a lot of info in a few pages.

I did really enjoy Thomas he is sassy and a whole lot of fun. Ea-an is sexy, but he comes off very robotic if there is sequel maybe that will change. I loved the whole drinking of blood thing, it read like a spur of the moment kinda thing but it worked so well *fun*.

Overall, I enjoyed it and I look forward to reading more work by Cherie Noel. It has the promise to be fantastic fun series and I hoping the author hits us with more.

3 1/2 Pants Off

1 comment:

  1. Again..thanks for this review...I have it but haven't had a chance to read it yet...now I can't wait to get to it!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and talk to me!