Friday, August 3, 2012

Review: Legend & Lore Books #1 and #2

Forest of Fenris by T.T.Kove
Less Than Three Press
Short Story: 46pgs
3.5 Pants Off


Blurb:
Never bet against a dark forest filled with monsters…

Desperate for the approval he hopes it will gain him, Mihai accepts a challenge from his brother: Venture into Fenris Forest, and retrieve a leaf from a rare tree to prove he did it. Though he has been warned to avoid the forest and the monsters that fill it all his life, Mihai’s longing for approval trumps his fear. Mihai soon realizes, however, that it is his fear he should have heeded. Just as victory seems within his grasp, he is attacked by warg, the most dangerous beasts in the forest. Alone and helpless, Mihai resigns himself to being just one more person who went into the woods and never came out—

Until he is saved in the most unexpected of ways.



Review:
I love me a good fantasy read, and Forest of Fenris was it. Though very sudden in the ending, and left me wanting more I found it to be a very good read.

When Mihai is dared to go into Fenris Forest, a place everyone knows never to venture into. He takes the dare hoping to prove to his brother and friends that he is no coward. He is to take a very rare leaf as proof and prove his bravery. When Mihai goes in, he thinks he has it made until he is attacked by wolves and then saved by another.

Mihai makes it out of the woods, but maybe it was safer there. Because life on the outside is filled with hate from his family, and he just doesn’t understand why. Once again, the wolf that saved his life will save it many more times.

I really liked the world created here, very exciting and interesting. Though the ending is very abrupt, I feel like it was settled quite well. My only ire is that I wanted more sexy time ‘yeh, I’m like that’. Otherwise, I really liked it and look forward to more from T.T Kove.

3.5 Pants Off



Dessert Fire
Less Than Three Press
63pgs 
4 Pants Off


Blurb:
Brand is a man adrift: he is wolf shifter and fire witch, a traitor to his people for saving a friend on whom he turned his back long ago, a friend who no longer has need of him. He has no place to call home, no one to call family or friend, and no idea where he belongs.

With nothing better to do, he decides to seek out the infamous dragons in the firelands, curious to see if their fires will be hot enough to burn a fire witch, to see if perhaps a place that welcomes fire might have a place for him…



Review:
Book 2 in the Legend & Lore series deals with Brand who was introduced in the first book. He begins as a big douche bag but eventually proves himself in the end.

After suffering from abuse at the hands of his father, and secretly lusting after a dear friend. Brand is feeling lost in the world, and is dearly trying to find a place where he belongs. He’s a shifter, and he is able to create fire from thin air.

Wanting to go where fire burns the hottest, he journeys to the Dragon Territories. Mistaken for a dragon hunter, he is taken and locked away, and in the dungeons is where he meets Khaltah.

I enjoyed this story so much, though it didn’t have the ending I had hoped for. I wanted a little 3-way because I wasn’t really invested in Brand and Khaltah as a couple. I would have totally believed in them with the other guy ^_~. I am really liking this series I just really wish they were a bit longer.

I gotta say, even though I kept hoping for a different outcome, Ms Kove keeps me on my toes. I never get what I want, and I can’t necessarily say that’s a bad thing.

4 Pants Off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!