Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Oops! Where Did My Pants Go?? (Widdershins)



I'll try to tell you where my pants went, suckers got lost in Widdershins. There I was minding my own business and reading Widdershins, and suddenly the atmosphere becomes dark and a character is talking about smart stuff and speaks 12 languages but can read more. Then *poof* there was a mention of a flowing overcoat and quote that went a little like this

"oh, and wear something dark" He swept out, his overcoat flaring behind him.

and my pants was then lost me.
I can't even, I don't even understand this power of Griffin.

I got a whiff of Widdershins when author Rhys Ford and reviewer Lisa H from The Novel Approach was raving about it (then again I thought Rhys was making it up so with Lisa I knew that it was all a real book). Jordan L. Hawk has been hiding from me, and now that I am on to her awesome she can't stop the pants losing I'm expecting. Widdershins was dark, funny, and incredibly sexy! Griffin and Whyborne are such engaging and well developed characters I got lost in there awesome (pants WTF, where the hell are you?).

Then throw in the creepy paranormal edge and you have what dreams are made of. This played out like a movie in my head, and I now have fetishes for overcoats, top hats, and scarves *winter here I come cus my gratuitous sexy clothes play is coming*. Yep, in winter shit is about to get real O_o...

So here is to my pants loss and all the pants losing I am expecting from Griffin & Whyborne, and somehow Fall Out Boy's 'The Phoenix' is stuck in my head like some sort of OST.

Right now you can get Widdershins for $0.99 that's right folks its less than a dollar, one awesmazingly entertaining book for less than a buck 'hallelujah' sharing the savings like a boss. More G&W is coming today which is also my son's 7th birthday but it's as if it’s mine cus I am getting a gift. Skadoosh, this shit explosive.

And how about that VILF (Villain I'd Like to Fuck) like seriously I realized I have a thing for cold and clammy dead men a long time ago. The man back from the dead was giving off 'fuck me' eyes from the pages, he totally was being sexy for no apparent reason *geesh dead guys these days*.



Widdershins (Whyborne & Griffin #1) by Jordan L. Hawk
Self-Published
Novel: 236pgs
4.5 Pants Off

Blurb:
Some things should stay buried.

Repressed scholar Percival Endicott Whyborne has two skills: reading dead languages and hiding in his office at the Ladysmith Museum. After the tragic death of the friend he secretly loved, he’s ruthlessly suppressed any desire for another man.

So when handsome ex-Pinkerton Griffin Flaherty approaches him to translate a mysterious book, Whyborne wants to finish the job and get rid of the detective as quickly as possible. Griffin left the Pinkertons following the death of his partner, hoping to start a new life. But the powerful cult which murdered Glenn has taken root in Widdershins, and only the spells in the book can stop them. Spells the intellectual Whyborne doesn’t believe are real.

As the investigation draws the two men closer, Griffin’s rakish charm threatens to shatter Whyborne’s iron control. When the cult resurrects an evil sorcerer who commands terrifying monsters, can Whyborne overcome his fear and learn to trust? Will Griffin let go of his past and risk falling in love? Or will Griffin’s secrets cost Whyborne both his heart and his life?



4.5 Pants Off

2 comments:

  1. OK, you've convinced me :). I've added this to the TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this sounds good, thx!
    ~Charley

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and talk to me!