Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Rainbow Awards!!



I am so excited to be taking part in The Rainbow Awards once again as a member of the jury (sounds freaking cool right). I took part for the very first time in 2012, and it was such a great experience I decided to do it again in 2013. The awards have provided me with the opportunity to read books that I might have overlooked, and with that I have come across some serious gems.

If you've had your eyes on the Rainbow Awards but haven’t gotten there’s still time to submit your work, and if you would like to be a part of the jury you can contact Elisa rainbowawards.submission@gmail.com.


Here are some guidelines if you want to get involved:

SUBMISSION PROCESS

  • Books submitted for consideration will be accepted between February 15 and September 5, 2013.
  • A shortlist of up to five finalists for each category will be announced no later than October 15, 2013.
  • Winners will be announced on December 8, 2013.
  • A book can be submitted only by its author or by its publisher. Submit a book in the category most appropriate: please indicate Gender (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) and Genre Young Adult, Contemporary General Fiction, Contemporary Romance, Romantic Comedy, Erotic Romance, Paranormal Romance, Erotica, Fantasy, Sci-Fi / Futuristic, Historical, Historical Romance, Mystery / Thriller, Non Fiction, Biography / Memoir, Poetry, Debut Novel/Book).
  • Books are submitted in electronic version (PDFs). Submitting the ebook, authors/publishers agree for its distribution with the only purpose of being read by the commission. It's recommended but not mandatory, that the PDF file has some kind of protection, like a specific disclaimer or similar.


More info can be found on Elisa’s blog, where is she diligently working and getting all the things organized. My experience has been so pleasant and I support RA so much for getting LGBTQ books out there. So be sure to check out the winners this come December!

I am so in love with this!! It may or may not be the reason I decided to take part in the Rainbow Awards.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!