Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Review: Danny's Dom by Nick Hasse

Reviewed by Whuppsy
Danny's Dom (Talon's Keep #2) by Nick Hasse
Self-Published
Short Story: 72pgs
2.5 Pants Off

Blurb:
Danny has always known he was submissive. So when a tall, dark, handsome man saves him from an abusive encounter in New Orleans, who’s to question the knight in shining armor? Fast forward two years and Danny’s man is now his Dom, providing for his every need. But just what kind of business keeps Him away so often and calls Him off in the middle of the day? What makes Danny’s Master keep secrets from him? When things are not adding up, questions arise and it’s time to learn the truth. Who is Danny’s Dom?

Only finding out the truth just may surprise him with an element of chill to add to their already smoldering one.


Review:
Danny meets his Master after his boyfriend at the time, who is abusive to Danny, drags him out of their home for what he’s made for dinner.  His Master pulls him off of Danny and Danny follows his new Master to his car and thus starts his new life.

The next we see of Danny, he’s been with his Master for 2 years.  How his life has changed, he’s in school and has a job.  He takes care of their home.  He’s sad at times that his Master is gone for work and he’s alone more than he’d like to be.  But, he’s so happy when his Master comes home and gives him what he needs.

Ice, Danny’s Master isn’t what you’d call a “normal guy”.  He’s from the land of Fairie.  He’s a Warrior of Winter. He’s been living a dual life, if you will. He loves his pet, Danny and tries to keep his other life far away from him. This works, until someone who wants to hurt Ice makes a play for Danny.

This novella is short and very to the point. I would have loved for this story to be longer and to get more information on these guys.  I’d love to hear more about the war in the Fairie Land. I didn’t really feel as if I got a chance to “know” who the characters are. I think that if this story was longer, that I wouldn’t feel that way.  As it was, I’m rather ambivalent about the story.  I mean, it’s good but there could have been so much more to the story.  I think the fact that there was no real character development, I’m unsure about how I feel about them.

I would say that if you want a quick read with no real angst and a happily ever after, this is the story for you.

I would add, that the dedication was really sweet at the beginning of the story.  It was really touching.

2.5 Pants Off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!