Saturday, May 19, 2018

Review: Cash Plays by Cordelia Kingsbridge

Cash Plays (Seven of Spades #3) by Cordelia Kingsbridge
Riptide Publishing, Goodreads
Novel: 339pgs

4.25 Pants Off

Blurb: The Seven of Spades is back with a vengeance—the vigilante serial killer has resumed their murderous crusade, eluding the police at every turn. But a bloodthirsty killer isn’t the only threat facing Sin City. A devious saboteur is wreaking havoc in Las Vegas’s criminal underworld, and the entire city seems to be barreling toward an all-out gang war.

As Detective Levi Abrams is pushed ever closer to his breaking point, his control over his dangerous rage slips further every day. His relationship with PI Dominic Russo should be a source of comfort, but Dominic is secretly locked in his own downward spiral, confronting a nightmare he can’t bear to reveal.

Las Vegas is floundering. Levi and Dominic’s bond is cracking along the seams. And the Seven of Spades is still playing to win. How many bad hands can Levi and Dominic survive before it’s game over?


 
Review

PLAYED AND LEFT BROKEN AS HELL

Pardon my language for this review because I have feelings. TOO MANY RAGEY FEELING 🤬 

This book… 

This fucking book… 

This motherfucking book… 

I don’t even have the words right now. I feel like love is dead, everything is a lie and I wanna cry over a bag of hot Cheetos and a plate filled with delicious fried foods. 

Cash Plays, the third book in the Seven of Spades ️ series and what a whopping play of crazy, disappointment, and hot man love this is. If you have no clue about this I suggest checking out my review Kill Game and see the delights of this vigilante killer who kills with flair on the crazy street of Las Vegas as a form of justice for those who escape justice form the police. The killer has fixated on Levi Abrams a detective and his partner Dominic Russo a PI. Together they are piano keys being played by a ruthless killer that is always one step ahead. 

Now, the streets of Las Vegas are caught in a gang way and Levi and Dom is smack dab in the centre. The Seven of Spades has been on a killing spree and their crimes is escalating in ruthlessness. The calm killer is gone and the violence is at high level, seems SoS ️ now likes the taste of killing and is basking in the violence. Levi is frustrated that he’s no closer to catching the killer but he’s happy in his relationship and so somethings are looking up. But the thing is when you’re up the only left to do is fall and like playing Pyramid with a deck of cards, it all falls down. 

Dom is on a case to rescue a girl but the case comes with complications and before he knows it, he’s caught with no escape. He’s putting everything he loves in danger but the rush is so palatable and Dom lives for it. He’s ashamed but now he’s trapped and everything is on the line. 

Can I just say…what the fuck man. This book has ruined my entire month or longer until I get the next book. I don’t love it like I did the first two books and that only because of how ridiculous some of the story was. Especially with Dom (slight spoilers ahead). 

This fool is doing his PI case and hears something about a password being involved. He lives in Las Vegas 🤔 ummmm excuse me sir. Why else would you need a password? and while reading I was just like “it’s all over now”. And it really was. Shit spiralled and now I can’t even with anything. 

My love Levi is strong as ever. I love that he’s just so badass, violent, and  destructive. If you didn’t know bad ass is my aesthetic. His relationship with Dom is so pure sometimes that it makes my heart ache and to see it unravel just has me so ragey. I really just want to cry because it’s too pure and…no words. 

The FBI (Fucking Bitch-ass Investigator) agent. I don’t why his ass is there but I hope he’s just there to annoy me. Goodbye Rohan!! 

The action is awesome. I was so entertained through the entire story. It’s like watching a crime drama with a new episode each week. I’m so invested in this story and while I have some idea who the SoS ️ is some new details make the operation so much bigger than anticipated and it literally could be anyone in the police station right now. Like what is happening?? 

The Ending: I’ve already started my fanfic to rewrite, because fuck no!! Dominic sir, please get it together (a bitch is on her knees here 😭). 

Overall, highly entertaining, but Ms. Kingsbridge fun is over. Let’s get it together and stop playing with my emotions. No man shall stray and love will conquer all, pretty please. Cash Plays was the book I needed but I really don’t want. Putting in my request for book 4 pronto!! Another highly entertaining book in a series that is hand down one of my faves ever (little competition). 

A magnet designed as a seven of spades playing card was stuck to his refrigerator, securing a piece of paper on which a message had been scrawled in black marker: YOU HURT HIM, I HURT YOU DON’T PUSH YOUR LUCK

Review: Book #1 Kill Game
Review: Book #2 Trick Roller

2 comments:

  1. Oh...wow! Like you, I love this series and I already have this pre-ordered. I have a feeling it's going to be a rough one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a rough one. It all falls down :-(

      Delete

Go ahead and talk to me!